Also see our
Picasa Photo Gallery here:
Pickles Montgomery Lane
Our First Dachshund
(Pickles ˝ brother)
Pickles’ & Shelby’s Mama
Troop January 2013
West Deptford NJ
See Pickles page
See Shelby’s page
See Rosie’s page
See Sabrina’s page
Oakley & Zelda
They are big standards at 30 pounds
Our Sailor Man went to the Rainbow Bridge
8-6-13. We all miss him.
Wayne & Patti will see him again someday.
Hershey & Daisy
Hershey & Daisy
Frankie & Cassie
Point Pleasant Borough NJ
Party on 7-30-11
Party on 7-27-12
14 Doxies total – a new group record!
Party on 9-16-12
18 Doxies total – a new group record!
Members share their Doxie Tilted Head photos
Sophie & Babe Hope
Sailor & Breezy
Skipper & Breeze
50 Ways you can tell you're in a Dachshund
1. Every purse and coat
pocket is rifled when you walk through the door.
2. The bed has sausage shaped lumps under the covers.
3. The doggie door is only 8" high.
4. You're face gets licked by a dog standing on the
back of the couch.
5. When you come into the house after being away only
minutes and you are greeted like you've been gone for 10 years.
6. When someone hands you a tennis ball as soon as you
walk in the door.
7. When the owners introduce their Dachshund as their
8. Footstools are placed strategically around the
furniture and bed.
9. The house is decorated with Dachshund items.
10. The owner is decorated with Dachshund items.
11. Gates are placed in each doorway.
12. After the doorbell rings, you can't hear a thing
for 10 minutes.
13. The alarm clock is set for HIS wake up time.
14. Dachshund "nose art" is proudly displayed
on each window.
15. There are at least 45 balls laying
around the house.
16. All socks, underwear, and shoes have holes in them.
17. The sign outside the house says, "Dachshund
Lovers Parking Only."
18. You have to look before you take a step.
19. All squeak toys no longer have squeaking ability.
20. The doors to many rooms
must remain closed.
21. The owner's bed never remains made.
22. Rugs and furniture are all dark colors.
23. The cat litter box magically cleans itself.
24. You will find dogs instead of clothes in the
25. When you arrive, you find the living room covered
with chewed up toilet paper rolls, Kleenex, etc...
26. All snow is shoveled from the yard to protect the
"Ta-Ta's" of male Dachshunds.
27. You notice small fox holes in the yard.
28. You are kindly told not to eat the green beans and
carrots because they are for the dogs.
29. Toy boxes are bone shaped.
30. All waste baskets and trash cans are elevated at
least 3 ft. from the ground.
31. There is a Bissell Green Machine always within
32. A cupboard is full of tiny clothes that were
purchased before the owner realized that Dachshunds would rather remain
33. Company doesn't come around much anymore.
34. The owner talks a lot about getting a super
35. The living room looks like it's covered with snow
due to the batting which came out of de-stuffed toys.
36. Blankets cover each piece of furniture for better
37. The owner has no food yet his Dachshund has plenty
of premium dog food.
38. The mailman is warned, "Watch out or he'll
bite a hole in your sock."
39. The mailman passes a brightly colored card to other
mailmen saying, "A dangerous animal lives inside. Do not use mail
40. Bricks are placed inside trash cans.
41. The Dachshund gets kisses before the owner's significant
42. The owner runs around looking for a
"sitter" if they're going to be gone for more than a few hours.
43. It is too dangerous to walk around the house
without shoes because of partly chewed up Nyla-Bones.
44. Little blue pee-pads are placed by the back door.
45. You notice that the Dachshunds receive more
Christmas presents than human kids.
46. All the owner's computer "favorites" are
47. The grass is mowed very very
48. There is always plenty of toilet paper to pick up
49. The owner's bed is covered with no less than 4
gutted toys, 3 balls, and 2 nyla- bones.
50. You are immediately told not to sit in the dog's